The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in events produced by Black Rat Challenge. The purchase and entrance into this event by every participant acknowledges the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
We would like you all to have a great day and a memorable experience. You can help us to achieve this by reading and taking note of the following:
- Each participant acknowledges that participation in the event is physically strenuous. It is acknowledged that each participant should be physically capable of entering this event, agreeing to be responsible for his/her actions. Black Rat Challenge Partnership, its employees, sponsors, medical support and associated companies are not responsible for any injury or illness that the participant may suffer as a result of their participation in this event.
- Each participant confirms that the bike being ridden for the event is in good working order and of road worthiness.
- It is mandatory that all riders wear a safety approved cycle helmet. Any rider not wearing a helmet will NOT be covered by our event insurance and will be disqualified from the event. Please accept that this is a condition of entry. Any participant not respecting this rule will be refused entry on the event day.
- The Event Registration Form must be completed by a person aged 18
years or over. You must be 16 years of age on the day of the ride to
participate (under 18's must have the consent of a parent or guardian
and must be accompanied by a nominated adult at all times whilst on the
ride). Parents of under 16's should contact Black Rat Challenge if they
require an entry.
- Black Rat Challenge Partnership. is covered for public liability.
- Each participant must register at the event HQ on the morning of the ride, within the times provided by Black Rat Challenge.
- Each participant must obey the Highway Code at all times. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and let those who are faster overtake - likewise, respect the slower riders. Please extend reasonable courtesy to all other road users, riding in single file when appropriate and no more than two abreast at other times. All authorised marshals should be respected at all times.
- Each participant should stay on the official marked routes. Riders choosing to opt for different routes than those marked do so at their own risk.
- Each participant must display their rider numbers provided at registration in the manner indicated during the event.
- Participants should not listen to headphones or use mobile phones whilst cycling on the public highway.
- Each participant agrees to respect warning signs at particular points on both routes. In the absence of any warning signs, it is the individual participant's responsibility to be aware of road conditions and hazards at all times.
- In the event of a rider being involved in, or causing an accident, each participant agrees that Black Rat Challenge Partnership will not be liable for any costs incurred from the support or actions of any emergency services attending the accident, regardless of parties involved. The participant shall accept all costs and consequences of such actions.
- Each participant agrees to return to or call the event HQ (number given on reverse of rider numbers) before the close of the event and report themselves to a member of staff. Failure to do this could result in a search being organised. All costs incurred for this action will be the responsibilty of the participant.
- Black Rat Challenge reserve the right to change the sportive routes where safety is a concern or due to unforseen circumstances. Each participant shall be notified of any route changes prior to their departure.
- Black Rat Challenge will endeavour to provide each participant with a timed result but should not be held responsible for any timing anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
- Each participant consents fully to the usage of their appearance (whether photographed, filmed or recorded) as a means to advertise or exploit the event. Any film, photographs, or any other recording of moving or still picture shall remain the property of Black Rat Challenge Partnership.
- Each participant agrees not to ride under someone elses number under any circumstances. Failure to comply with this will result in disqualification. Entries on the day are subject to availability.
- The Black Rat Challenge will take place whatever the weather. We will only re-schedule, re-route or stop the event for reasons of safety. Entry fees are non-refundable, however in exceptional circumstances refunds will be at the discretion of the management.