(1) Where is Event HQ/Registration?
- Black Rat Challenge. Clifton Rugby Club, Station Road, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol BS10 7TTX33 1HG
(2) How much does it cost to enter?
- The entry cost is £27.50 per rider.
(3) When is the last date that I can enter?
- Entries for both events close on the Thursday before the event. i.e. Thursday 14th May. However, we are limiting number to 500 riders and if we reach this number before Thursday 14 May we will close the event for new entries at that point.
(4) Where will I get my rider number and disposable timing chip?
All riders will be given their rider numbers (with disposable timing chip and emergency contact numbers on the reverse) when they sign in at HQ/Registration on Saturday afternoon (16th May) or on the morning of the ride. Small cable ties will also be supplied.
(5) How will the event start be organised?
- Riders will leave on a staggered start basis, from 08:30-09.30 Rider briefings will take place at the start, in small groups. Riders will be released in bursts of no more than 50 riders every five minutes. To ensure rider safety within the grounds of event HQ we would ask all rider cars/vans to be parked up by 08:30.
(6) Is there a cut off time for these sportives?
- Granfondo riders that reach the Trellech Climb split point in Tintern after 11.30am will be directed on to the Mediofondo course.
- Mediofondo and Granfondo riders that reach the split point at Llanishen after 2.00pm will be directed on to the Picolofondo course as there is too much riding left to enable a finish by 5.30pm.
- All riders should be back at Clifton Rugby Club by 5.30pm. There will be some leeway given for mechanicals etc. if we know that riders are close to the finish, but the timing equipment will be switched off at 6pm latest.
(7) Will I be able to buy a souvenir of this event?
All riders completing the Black Rat sportives will receive a commemorative gift as part of the entry fee.
(8) Will there be a photographer during the route?
(9) If I withdraw can I get a refund?
Please note that refunds are not usually permitted, however in exceptional circumstances refunds will be at the discretion of the management.
Update: As of 23 April 2015, refunds will not be given under any circumstances as payments towards Gift, Timing, Marshals etc. have already been made.
(10) How can I check or amend my entry?
For any queries or amendments please contact us by e-mail