(1) Where is Event HQ/Registration?
Bristol Sportive and Bristol - Monmouth Sportive: Gordano School, St Mary's Road, Portishead, N. Somerset, BS20 7QR
- North Devon Sportive: Lobb Fields Camping & Caravan Park, Saunton Road, Braunton, North Devon, EX33 1HG
(2) How much does it cost to enter?
- The entry cost for all sportives is £25.00 per rider.
(3) When is the last date that I can enter?
- Entries for both events close on the Monday before the event. i.e. Monday 13th May for Bristol and Monday 2nd September for Bristol - Monmouth
(4) Where will I get my rider number and disposable timing chip?
All riders will be given their rider numbers (with disposable timing chip and emergency contact numbers on the reverse) when they sign in at HQ/Registration on the morning of the ride. Small cable ties will also be supplied.
(5) How will the event start be organised?
- Riders will leave on a staggered start basis, from 08:30-10:00 Rider briefings will take place at the start, in small groups. Riders will be released in bursts of no more than 50 riders every five minutes. To ensure rider safety within the grounds of event HQ we would ask all rider cars/vans to be parked up by 08:30.
(6) Is there a cut off time for these sportives?
- Bristol: 100 mile riders who have not climbed Burrington Combe by 1pm will be directed on to the 100km course to finish
- Bristol-Monmouth: TBA
- North Devon: 100 mile riders who have not passed the first feed station (35 miles approx) by 1.00pm or Exford (55 miles approx) by 3.30pm will be directed on to the 100km course to finish. (please note that there is a 6 mile stretch of road between Exford and Simonsbath which is not part of either course but links the two)
(7) Will I be able to buy a souvenir of this event?
All riders completing the Black Rat sportives will receive a commemorative gift.
Please check the website 'shop' for details of any merchandise that will be available on the day.
The Black Rat events will be supported by Carbonaut "Optimum Cyclewear" who will be selling merchandise and encouraging you to enhance your biking wardrobe.
(8) Will there be a photographer during the route?
Yes. Details to be announced.
(9) If I withdraw can I get a refund?
Please note that refunds are not usually permitted, however in exceptional circumstances refunds will be at the discretion of the management.
(10) How can I check or amend my entry?
For any queries or amendments please contact us by e-mail