We take cycling trips to the Pyrenees on a regular basis. Confirmed dates for 2019 will be Saturday 7th September – Saturday 14th September.
These trips are designed for all you “Col Baggers”. We will be based in the lovely town of Bagneres de Luchon, which is a cycling mecca in the Pyrénées as will be explained below.
Bagneres de Luchon is at the centre of the Pyrenees, close to the Spanish border. Famous cols accessible from the town centre include:
- Superbagneres – a 19km climb (HC)
- Hospice de France – a 12km climb (Cat 1)
- Col du Portillon – a 12 km climb to the Spanish border (Cat 1)
- Col de Peyresourde – a 15km climb (Cat 1)
- Port de Bales – a 19km climb (HC)
- Col de Mente – a 13km climb (Cat 1)
Further afield, but still rideable from town you will find The Col d’Aspin, Col du Tourmalet, Col de Portet and the Portet d’Aspet to name just a few.
This really is an outstanding area for cycling.
Read on to find out details of our trip.