(1) Where is Event HQ/Registration?
- Black Rat Challenge. Marlwood School, Vattingstone Lane, Alveston, Bristol, BS35 3LA
(2) How much does it cost to enter?
- The entry cost is £32.00 per rider until 30th April and £35.00 per rider from 1st May 2017 for Granfondo and Mediofondo events and £29.00 and £32.00 per rider for the Piccolofondo event using the same dates as above.
(3) When is the last date that I can enter?
- Entries for all events close on the Thursday before the event. i.e. Thursday 19th May. However, we are limiting number to 500 riders and if we reach this number before Thursday 19 May we will close the event for new entries at that point.
(4) Where will I get my rider number and disposable timing chip?
- All riders will be given their rider numbers (with disposable timing chip and emergency contact numbers on the reverse) when they sign in at HQ/Registration on the morning of the ride. Small cable ties will also be supplied.
(5) How will the event start be organised?
- Riders will leave on a staggered start basis, from 08:45-09.30 Rider briefings will take place at the start, in small groups. Riders will be released in bursts of no more than 50 riders every five minutes. To ensure rider safety within the grounds of event HQ we would ask all rider cars/vans to be parked up by 08:30.
(6) Is there a cut off time for these sportives?
- Granfondo riders that reach the split point in Monmouth after 1.30pm will be directed on to the Mediofondo course.
- All riders should be back at Marlwood School by 5.30pm. There will be some leeway given for mechanicals etc. if we know that riders are close to the finish, but the timing equipment will be switched off at 6pm latest.
(7) Will there be a photographer during the route?
(8) If I withdraw can I get a refund?
- Please note that refunds are not usually permitted, however in exceptional circumstances refunds will be at the discretion of the management.
(9) How can I check or amend my entry?
- For any queries or amendments please contact us by e-mail
- We will be checking the weather forecast in advance of the ride and liaising with the Bridge Management team. In the very unlikely event of the bridge being closed we will advise you as far in advance as possible and create a new route if possible. If the bridge closes on the morning of the ride with no prior warning then it will not be possible to put signs out around a new route in time and the event will have to be cancelled.